NEW PWWA BOARD ELECTED
The Association made the appoitnments during an extraordinary General Meeting held in Canberra, Australia last week. The Board is made up of a high caliber of CEOs and Managing Directors from across the Pacific Region.
They will be responsible for the governance of the Association and oversee the work of the Secretariat headed by the newly appointed CEO Pitolau Lusia Sefo-Leau. The Chairperson, the Deputy Chairperson and Treasurer and the Sectary will serve as the Executive board which will meet on a frequent basis to oversee the PWWA.
The Canberra meeting last week also saw the heads of utilities from around the pacific coming together to work with the Australia Water Partnership and other donors on primary focus to be implemented the PWWA Development Plan.
The Association will receive capacity development assistance to the value of AU$1.5 million over the next three years from the Australian Water Partnership.
The Board of Directors:
- PWWA Chairperson: Opetaia Ravai, (CEO, Water Authority Fiji, Fiji)
- Deputy Chairperson: Seugamaalii Jammie Saena, (Managing Director, Samoa Water Authority, Samoa)
- Treasurer: Jim Keary (Managing Director, Hunter H20, Australia)
- Alternate Treasurer: Raka Taviri Jnr, (CEO & Managing Director, Water PNG, Papua New Guinea)
- Secretary: Fuimapoao Naea Beth Onesemo-Tuilaepa, (CEO, Ministry of Women, Community and Social Development, Samoa)
- Alternate Secretary: Henry Mokono, (CEO, Eda Ranu, Papua New Guinea)
- Latu Kupa, (Managing Director, KEW Consult Ltd, Samoa)
- Joseph Batol, (CEO, Majuro Water and Sewer Company, Marshall Islands)
- Ian Gooden, (General Manager, Solomon Islands Water Authority, Solomon Islands)
- Gary Aitchison, (Export Manager, Hydroflow, New Zealand)